What you may need when you apply for a mortgage refinance.What you may need when you apply for a mortgage refinance.
The categories in the following checklist include information and documents you may be asked to provide when applying for a home refinance loan:
- YOUR INCOME
Note: If you're self-employed, additional information may be needed based on your unique situation. This may include your current balance sheet, as well as Profit and Loss Statements to verify income. You may also need to list your business debts. Your lender will let you know what is required.
- Pay stubs over the past 2-3 months
- Tax Returns and W-2's and/or 1099's (up to 2 years)
- YOUR PROPERTY
- Your latest property tax bill.
- Current homeowner's insurance policy protecting against loss.
- Flood insurance, if applicable.
- YOUR ASSETS
- Personal and business bank and asset statements covering the last 2-3 months for accounts including but not limited to:
- Money market
- Certificate of deposit
- YOUR CREDIT
- Written explanation of any credit blemishes - be sure to check your credit report with all three bureaus
- Bankruptcy discharge documentation
- Copy of divorce decree or separation agreement
If, for some reason, you can't supply the necessary documentation, ask your mortgage specialist about options that may allow you to provide supplementary documentation.
Not all applicants will qualify for financing. Mortgage rates and terms are subject to change without notice. Equal Housing Lender. All loans are offered by CIT Bank, N.A.