Nothing is more important to us than the safety of your assets and your identity. We have rigorous systems in place to ensure that your savings and account information are protected.
CIT Bank’s online security measures include:
- A multi-factor authentication login process to ensure that only you can access your account information
- Anti-virus protection to help prevent computer viruses
- Firewalls to help block unauthorized individuals or networks from accessing your information
- 128-bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption to create a secure browser connection when you login or fill-out an application—so your information won’t be intercepted
- Our policy and commitment to protect your user names and passwords
- Automatic logout of your secure session after a period of inactivity
Make sure your personal account information stays secure:
- Guard your Social Security number. Be cautious with this information and verify why it is required.
- Never share your user name or password. Create a strong password (numbers, both upper and lower-case letters) and keep it confidential.
- Learn how to detect fraud and identify theft. Routinely check your accounts for unusual activity.
- Beware of scams such as phishing.